Lysa M. Friedlieb
AREA OF PRACTICE
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defect Cases
- Business Litigation
- Homeowners & Condominium Association Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Product Liability/Mass Tort
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Business Contracts
- Construction Contracts
- Declaration of Covenants
- Non-Disclosure Agreements/Non-Compete Agreements
- Florida, 1991
- New York, 1991
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1995
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (2018)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida (2017)
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1990
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, cum laude, 1987
Ms. Friedlieb’s legal experience includes representing parties in State and Federal Court in complex commercial cases including corporate disputes, pharmaceutical litigation, construction defect, product liability/mass tort, and premise liability claims. Ms. Friedlieb also has experience handling insurance coverage and bad faith disputes, as well as professional liability matters relating to licensure claims made against engineers, veterinarians, and accountants.
Additionally, Ms. Friedlieb has extensive legal experience representing homeowners and condominium associations in developer turnover cases, breach of warranty, construction defect, accounting matters, first party property claims, director and officer matters, as well as foreclosure/collections cases, and breach of declaration of covenants/contract suits.
Ms. Friedlieb also has experience working with developers in the financing of and development of construction and real estate documents relating to mixed-use project regarding a hotel, homeowners association and sports complex. She has worked with lenders, franchisee(s) and vendors in the negotiation and finalization of contracts.
Ms. Friedlieb has also represented major cruise line companies in personal injury & crew member/Jones Act cases, and has provided many hours of service representing the Guardian Ad Litem programs in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties regarding child and elder abuse cases.
- Royal Indemnity Co. v. Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Slip Copy
2008 WL 559963 (S.D. Fla. 2008)
- Auto-Owner Insurance Co. v. American Yachts Ltd.
492 F. Supp. 2d 1379 (S.D. Fla. 2007)
- Lipford v. Carnival Corporation
346 F. Supp. 2d 1276 (S.D. Fla. 2004)